Tuesday 27 December 2016

Resolution 23

 

   Based on Jonathan Edward's resolutions I have written 25 of my own (Edwards had too many and they were written in old English). I have spent a few years meditating on them and they have been a great help. Maybe they will edify and inspire you. Here is number 23:
I am resolved ...
To look up, to watch, as we have been commanded, for the day of his coming. To carefully examine the world's birth pangs, to look for the green twig on the fig tree and the inevitable falling together of events predicted in prophecy. To use these as encouragement to my fellow elect and warning to the lost, but to do so with great care, for none truly knows the exact hour of his coming.


Philippians 3:14

Psalm 123:1

Luke 21:28

1 Thessalonians 4:18

Hebrews 10:24,25
Matthew 24:36




No comments:

Post a Comment