Friday 28 September 2018

THE FIX




Bed -
the afternoon grave -
had me trapped.
Too much a hold to be called weight;
a desire too much a drug
kept me late.
My decoder off -
a world wind of sense
cut and pasted and gone.
Before the last dregs of sanity,
my spirit
could sense wrong,
and so accepted
the alchemy of meat
and the varying tides
of chaotic thought.
               Too blissful.
                                                                Too addicted.
                               Uncertainly aware I am caught.
                                                               I know
                                                    my mouth drips.
                                                I remember
                                        the world calls
                                             but who wants to escape
                   the death-peaceful walls.      
My ear near my watch,
the  blast of each  second a  certainty.
My  minds  eye
opened  by  a  far  flung  thought,
saw  eternity.

Copyright © Jason Horsler
10/09/96 - how deep is the afternoon nap?

No comments:

Post a Comment