Wednesday 19 October 2016

There are saints and then there are Saints.

Most people don't really know much about Mother Theresa. They snap react in accordance with half remembered ideas they heard or read in biased reports and highly inaccurate biographies. But even if she was all they said she was - she still fell short of the standard of holiness required by God. Only one person has ever loved and obeyed the Father in Heaven sufficiently enough and perfectly enough to deserve Heaven. It is the most profound blessing, and indeed a gift of grace that cannot be earned or repaid, that a wretch like me can be given the record of that one Man - and He, in his love for me, takes my sinful record with Him to the cross. No glory to me for anything I do that is even remotely good. No glory for ever choosing to believe in him. No glory for me when I obey the Word and live righteously (all too rarely I am sorry to confess). But - ALL glory to him who is my saviour, my Lord, my hope - all glory to the Lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world - including mine. It is doubtful the Theresa knew this truth nor lived it.
Don't miss double imputation and the truth of grace by trying to work your way into Heaven through religious folderol. God's love is given not earned. All true Christians are saints not just those declared by Rome.

No comments:

Post a Comment