Friday 7 April 2017

He Will Remember Me cover - E.M. Bartlett


This is a cool song - chords were hard to come by so I had to be a bit creative with it.  E.M. Bartlett  wrote it but i'm basing it on the version sung by Albertina Walker. Here are the lyrics and chords I'm using:



HE WILL REMEMBER ME (my tweek)



INTRO CHORD: Bb (Play as a shuffle)



     F               Cm           Bb          F     Bb   

When on the cross of Calvary, the Lord was crucified;

    F         Cm             Bb                  F    Bb

the mob stood around Him and mocked him until He died

           F                  Cm            Bb           F    Bb

There were two thieves nailed beside Him to share in his agony,

    F                     Cm        Bb            F  Bb

but one of them cried out to Him, O Lord remember me.



   F               Cm             Bb             F      Bb

O, what a shame to kill Him there on that rugged cross;

     F               Cm         Bb             F  Bb

but such a death was needed to rescue all the lost.

    F                Cm         Bb               F   Bb

His blood was made a ransom to set the captives free,

    F              Cm        Bb                F   Bb

I know that I'm included and He will remember me.



CHORUS:

F                Bb            Cm             F   Bb

Will the Lord remember me when I am called to go'

     F                   Bb                       Cm                F   Bb

When I have crossed o’er death's chilly sea, will He His love there show'

   F               Bb                 Cm              F   Bb

O yes, He heard my feeble cries, from bondage set me free,

    F                Bb               Cm                      F  Cm  Bb  Cm F

and when I reach the pear-ly gates He will - He will remember me.





[REPRISE VERSE 2]

[CHORUS]



    F                Bb               Cm                      F 
and when I reach the pear-ly gates He will - He will remember me. (x 2)



No comments:

Post a Comment