Monday 14 November 2016

Resolution 1



   Based on Jonathan Edward's resolutions I have written 25 of my own (Edwards had too many and they were written in old English). I have spent a few years meditating on them and they have been a great help. Maybe they will edify and inspire you. Here is number 1:

I am resolved ...

To live each hour as if the next one contained the rapture and the inevitable meeting of my Lord Jesus, whom I wish dearly to hear say to me at that glorious time: 'well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master's happiness!'



Matthew 25:23

Ephesians 5:15-17

Psalm 90:12

Colossians 4:5

James 4:13-17

John 9:4


We spend between 5 and 20 years in education working hard to prepare for 40 to 50 years of working in a career. How much more time and effort should we pour into preparing for eternity? We get dressed up and prepared on every level for a job interview with a potential future boss or thin how much preparation we do before our wedding. How much more should we be considering our preparation to meet God?


No comments:

Post a Comment