Wednesday 30 November 2016

What Is The Role Of A Father?




To demonstrate persistently and, as far as possible, consistently to my son how a biblical husband practically loves his wife; and to likewise show my daughter what kind of man she should one day accept as her own husband. To describe these traits long after they have seen me living them before their eyes. With God’s help to share the gospel and sound doctrine and experiences of holy worship and honest prayer with my children daily and in all circumstances. To live an exemplary life that they might see in their dad a man dedicated to obeying God and living a blameless life but, because I will fail at this sometimes, for them to also see what repentance looks like.
May the Holy Spirit help me to do all this. Oh that all Christian fathers walked this way.

No comments:

Post a Comment